1.30.2011

I can never decide. (AIGA Postcard due tomorrow.)





I think sometimes that is the hardest part of designing, when I make enough things that I have a choice of what will be final. I love the mitten, that has never been a question. So when things like the Let's Save Michigan Poster Contest, or this most recent AIGA Detroit Wish You Were Here Postcard Contest comes around... I feel like I get out my suitcase of Michigan memorabilia and go to town in 50 directions.

Well I did manage to narrow it down... submitting the postcard with the tiny squirrel on it. How cute is that?

Its from a photo I took in Harrietta, at the Caberfae overlook. I love the trees up there at about 4 pm when the sun is behind them. Anyway the postcard is my recreation of the image in Illustrator. Yes it has a lens flare, but I believe its an appropriate use. Maybe not but the tiny squirrel is effing heart melting. Holla!

2 comments:

  1. so which one did you end up submitting??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one with the tiny Squirrel. If you ever read Jenn you would have read that. haha. I made the squirrel for you actually :)

    ReplyDelete